AWARD BID NOTICE : EOI/02/20-21 ADDENDUM
8 July 2020
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: PANEL OF PROFESSIONAL PROJECT MANAGERS
REFERENCE DETAILS: EOI REF: EOI/02/20-21
SUBJECT: ADDENDUM NO. 1
Please find this Addendum No. 1 in respect of the above mentioned Expression of Interest.
It is the responsibility of each bidding Professional Project Manager to ensure that all this Addendum detailed changes are incorporated into the Expression of Interest document.
Please sign the acknowledgement of receipt section of this Addendum and return it attached to the back of the Expression of Interest document.
- Questions and concerns have been raised in regards to the Terms of Reference, Functionality Evaluation Criteria on: Entity Registration with relevant Professional Organization, g. Project Management South Africa (PMSA), Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA), ECSA, SAICE or SAIEE, etc.;
- That it is mandatory for the professional individuals of the four required disciplines of Chemical, Mechanical, Civil and Electrical engineering to be registered with ONLY the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) a statutory body established in terms of the Engineering Profession Act (EPA) 46 of 2000;
- That only ECSA has the primary role of the regulation of the engineering profession;
- That ECSA is the only body in South Africa that is authorised to register engineering professionals and bestow the use of engineering titles, such as Pr Eng, Pr Tech Eng, Pr Techni Eng, Pr Cert Eng, on persons who have met the requisite professional registration criteria;
- That it is ONLY voluntary for entities of the required engineering disciplines to register with any professional organization(s)/ association(s) and such organizations are not regulatory organizations;
- The Chris Hani Development Agency is always committed to promoting a system which is fair, equitable, transparent, competitive and cost-effective in the procurement of all goods or services in line with section 217 (1) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, No. 108 of 1996;
- The Terms of Reference, Functionality Evaluation Criteria on: Entity Registration with relevant Professional Organization is therefore replaced by the following Criteria-
Executive Director(s) Registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA):
· Submitted proof of the Executive Director(s) registration with ECSA = 10 points
· No proof of Executive Director(s) registration with ECSA = 0 points
- Part 5, Schedule C: Business Registration & Tax Documents, is changed into:
- Business registration, Executive Director(s) Professional registration & Tax Documents; and
- To be replaced with this Addendum No. 1 Annexure A attached hereto.
- Procurement Related Inquiries:
Inquiries should be addressed to the SCM Practitioners ONLY in writing through the following email addresses:
Mr Z. Duze
Chief Executive Officer