BID NOTICE - BID/003/18-19
PROJECT FUNDER PROJECT BENEFICIARY IMPLEMENTING AGENT
Tenders are hereby invited from suitably qualified, experienced and skilled Suppliers according to the following details:
DATE & TIME
CONSTRUCTION OF THE LUKHANJI MULTI RECYCLING WASTE BUY-BACK CENTRE FACILITIES: SOLID WASTE SPECIALISED EQUIPMENT
14 June 2019 at 11:00
Scope of work include:
CONTRACT A –
Ezibeleni Sorting Facility
- Designing, manufacturing, assembling, installation and commissioning of MRF
- Installation and commissioning of horizontal baler
- Installation and commissioning of scale
- Accredited operator and maintenance training
Lessyton, Illinge Waste Buy Back Centres
- Installation and commissioning of horizontal balers
- Installation and commissioning of scales
- Accredited operator and maintenance training
CONTRACT B –
- Solid Waste Specialised Equipment 36 months Maintenance and Support Services
Issue of Bids/EOI Documents: Documents will be available as from Wednesday, 15 May 2019 and can be collected between 08:00am – 16:00pm from CHDA offices, Receptionist – Ms. Nombulelo Nyokana (Email: email@example.com), 15 Warner Street, Southbourne in Queenstown at a non- refundable cost of R 300.00 per document upon submission of a proof of deposit to the following bank account:
BANK : FNB
ACCOUNT HOLDER : Chris Hani Development Agency
ACCOUNT TYPE : Public Sector Account
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 62363654156
BRANCH : Queenstown
BRANCH CODE : 210920
REFERENCE : Bid Ref. No. and Bidder’s Name
PLEASE NOTE: The copy of the proof of Bid document payment must also be attached to the submitted Bid document.
Enquiries relating to bid documents are to be addressed in writing to
Technical: Mr Louis Fourie on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procurement: Mr Siyabonga Singeni on Email: email@example.com
A compulsory Tender Clarification Meeting will be held. Details of the meeting are:
- Venue: Chris Hani Development Agency Offices, 15 Warner Street, Queenstown, 5320
- Date: Wednesday 22 May 2019
- Time: 11h00
Prospective tenderers who arrive more than 5 minutes late will not be allowed to attend the abovementioned meeting. There will be a compulsory site visit to the prospective sites after the briefing. The attendance register will be circulated for completion at the main briefing and at the site visit.
It is compulsory to sign the clarification meeting and the site visit attendance registers in clear and eligible writing. Failure to do so will result in a tenderer being considered non-responsive.
Completed tender documents are to be returned in sealed envelopes and must be placed in the tender box at Chris Hani Development Agency Offices, 15 Warner Street, Queenstown, 5320 by no later than 11:00 on Friday, 14 June 2019.
Tenderers shall take note of the following tender conditions:
- Prices must be valid for at least 120 days from the closing date (confirmation hereof to be stated on quotation).
- Prices quoted must be firm and must be inclusive of VAT (15%).
- A minimum functionality score of 70% is required for tenderers to be considered responsive. There are points allocated for locality within the Chris Hani District Municipality and within the Eastern Cape.
- Chris Hani Development Agency does not bind itself to accept the lowest bid or any other bid and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of the bid.
- Only hard copies will be accepted for tenders.
- Bids that are late will not be considered, whilst the lowest or only quotation will not necessarily be accepted. Quotations per fax or E-mail will also not be considered.
- A tax clearance certificate issued by SARS must accompany all quotations OR a tax PIN document must be provided.
- The following forms are required to be completed and submitted together with the bid:
- Invitation to tender (MBD1)
- Tax Clearance Certificate or reference PIN (MBD2)
- Declaration of Interest form (MBD4)
- Bidders who wish to claim for preferential points in terms of the Preferential Procurement Regulations, 2017, must also submit a completed form MBD 6.1 as well as an original or certified copy of the proof of B-BBEE status level of contribution (Certificate or Affidavit).
- The minimum thresholds for procurement of local production & content is (2):
- Steel Products and Components for Construction: 100%
- Pumps, Medium Voltage (MV) Motors and Associated Accessories: 70%
- Declaration of Bidder’s Past Supply Chain Management Practices (MBD8)
- Certificate of Independent Bid Determination (MBD9).
- It should be noted that, in respect of this bid, the 80/20 points system will be applied, 80 being for price and 20 for the B-BBEE status level.
- All bidders must be registered with the Central Supplier Database (CSD).