BID NOTICE - BID/001/18-19
PROJECT NAME: THE BUILDING OF IKHEPHU OFFICES
BID REF. NO: BID/001/18-19
Tenders are hereby invited from suitably qualified, experienced and skilled General Building Contractors with CIDB grade 3GB or higher, for construction of THE BUILDING OF IKHEPHU OFFICES project in Elliot.
A compulsory Tender Clarification Meeting will be held. Details of the meeting are:
- Venue: Ikhephu Offices, 12 Maclear Street, Elliot (31°20'5.21"S; 27°50'53.12"E)
- Date: Monday, 20 August 2018
- Time: 11h00
Prospective tenderers who arrive more than 5 minutes late will not be allowed to attend the abovementioned meeting. There will be a compulsory site visit to the prospective site (31°17’14.33”S; 27°49’39.14”E) after the Clarification Meeting. Separate attendance registers will be circulated in both the Clarification meeting and at the construction site.
It is compulsory to sign both the clarification meeting and the site visit attendance registers in clear and eligible writing. Failure to do so will result in a tenderer being considered non-responsive.
Scope of work
The Construction of the Ikhephu Office Building
· Earthworks and Foundation
· Concrete Works
· Masonry Works
· Structural Steelwork
· Tiling and Painting
· External Works
Issue of Bids/EOI Documents: Documents will be available as from Monday, 13 August 2018 and can be collected between 08:00am – 16:00pm from CHDA offices, Receptionist – Ms. Nombulelo Nyokana (Email: email@example.com), 15 Warner Street Southbourne in Queenstown at a non- refundable cost of R 500.00 per document upon submission of a proof of deposit to the following bank account:
BANK : FNB
ACCOUNT HOLDER : Chris Hani Development Agency
ACCOUNT TYPE : Public Sector Account
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 62363654156
BRANCH : Queenstown
BRANCH CODE : 210920
REFERENCE : Bid Ref. and Bidder’s Name
PLEASE NOTE: The copy of the proof of Bid document payment must also be attached to the submitted Bid document.
Enquiries relating to bid documents are to be addressed in writing to
Technical: Mr Etienne du Plessis on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procurement: Mr Siyabonga Singeni on Email: email@example.com
Completed tender documents are to be returned in sealed envelopes and must be placed in the tender box at Chris Hani Development Agency Offices, 15 Warner Street, Queenstown, 5320 by no later than 11:00 on Friday, 31 August 2018 where tenders will be opened in public and the prices read out.
Tenderers shall take note of the following tender conditions:
- Prices must be valid for at least four months (120) days from the closing date (confirmation hereof to be stated on quotation).
- Prices quoted must be firm and must be inclusive of VAT (15%).
- A minimum functionality score of 70% is required for tenderers to be considered responsive. There are points allocated for locality within the Chris Hani District Municipality.
- Chris Hani Development Agency does not bind itself to accept the lowest bid or any other bid and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of the bid.
- Documents are not available in electronic format. Only hard copies will be accepted for tenders.
- Bids that are late will not be considered, whilst the lowest or only quotation will not necessarily be accepted. Quotations per fax or E-mail will also not be considered.
- An original tax clearance certificate issued by SARS must accompany all quotations OR a tax reference number and PIN or TCC number must be provided.
- The following forms are required to be completed and submitted together with the bid:
- Invitation to tender (MBD1)
- Tax Clearance Certificate or reference PIN (MBD2)
- Declaration of Interest form (MBD4)
- The minimum threshold for procurement of local content is 100% (2)
- Declaration Of Bidder’s Past Supply Chain Management Practices (MBD8)
- Certificate of Independent Bid Determination (MBD9).
- Bidders who wish to claim for preferential points in terms of the Preferential Procurement Regulations, 2017, must also submit a completed form MBD 6.1 as well as a certified copy of the proof of B-BBEE status level of contribution (Certificate or Affidavit).
- It should be noted that, in respect of this bid, the 80/20 points system will be applied, 80 being for price and 20 for the B-BBEE status level.